HUMAN CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT:
The following has been achieved since the inception of this administration:
ROAD SAFETY MEASURES:
The Directorate has been constantly in road traffic patrol activities and general road traffic checks throughout the State for the purpose of enforcing road traffic laws, edicts and regulations. It has also been involved in several road accident rescue operation across the State.
The following are dedicated cell phone No. 08034163234, 08037240845 and 08064904535 in case of distress, emergency or obstruction. All these are put in place to ensure safety of lives of road users.
COLLECTION OF CERTIFICATE OF ROAD WORTHINESS FEES
The Directorate engaged a consultant to process and issue certificate of Road Worthiness for vehicles across the State. The demurrage accruing from the improved activities of the Vehicle Inspection activities has enhanced the Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) of the State.
STATE URBAN TRANSPORTATION PROGRAMME (INTRA BUS SERVICES)
With the approval of His Excellency, an Inter-Ministerial Committee was set up to manage some buses that were procured by the former administration that were returned by their operators have presently been deployed as they ply routes such as Asaba-Illah, Asaba-Otulu-Akwukwu Igbo and Asaba metropolis charging subsidized fares to bring transportation closer to the people.
OTHER ACTIVITIES OF THE DIRECTORATE
* Continuous Dismantling of all illegal parks and business activities by road sides in Asaba, Warri and Effurun.
* Coordination of the Activities of Tricycle (Keke) commercial operations effectively in the State.
* Installation of Road Infrastructure such as Road Signs, Lane Marking, etc.
* Continuous Sensitization on Traffic Compliance by DESTMA as well as the trial of Traffic violators in Asaba, Warri and Effurun.
* The Construction of the Concrete Jetty and Shore Protection wall at Oko-Odifulu in Oshimili South L.G.A
* Bi monthly strategic plan by the Directorate to decongest all traffic flash points in Asaba, Warri, Effurun and environs by combined team of the VIO and DESTMA.
* Inauguration of a Taskforce to check activities of Commercial Motorcycle and Tricycle Operations across the State.