His Excellency, Senator (Dr) Ifeanyi Okowa re-launched the scheme and it was flagged off on 29th June, 2016.
- Designed to compensate would-be accident victim, travelling within and outside the State by way of payment of compensation. For persons that have their names in the State Government approved passengers manifest.
- To enable Government has the census on casualties of road accidents.
- To inculcate safety measures into the transport companies and culture of data keeping.
- The scheme has created jobs for more than 50 (fifty) Deltans since its commencement.
- The data gathered from the Passengers Welfare Manifest is used for planning purposes in the State Transport Sector and has contributed meaningfully to the Internal Generated Revenue (IGR) of the State.